Are you a student in the Netherlands and do you want to work on a sweeping story-driven adventure game during your internship?
We are currently offering the following internships;
2D Environment Art Internship
Are you a 2D artist and are you looking to gain experience working on a 2D game project? Wispfire is looking for a passionate student to join us starting September.
Wispfire is a small game company specialized in interactive narrative. We create story-driven games with a message, using a vibrant hand-painted art style. For this internship you will be primarily working with Wispfire’s Art Director and through Slack with another team abroad.
- Creating concepts for game environments to help bring a world to life
- Producing high quality 2D art assets with an eye for detail
- Building up environments in Unreal
- Fluent in English
- Experience with Photoshop
- Strong in digital painting with a good sense of color, shape and composition
- Able to adapt to a pre-existing art style
- Fast and efficient, keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Good at communicating your ideas and working in a team
- Organised and good at managing produced work
- Experience with implementing graphics into a game engine
- Proactive and independent
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience with 2D level art
- Experience with 2D visual effects
Interested? To apply, send an e-mail with your motivation, resume and extensive portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to ask us any questions regarding this internship.
Wispfire is offering an internship position for a passionate university student looking for a research internship that explores the educational value of games.
Ideally, you’re someone who wants to write a thesis about games as educational tools, or the educational value of games in any other way. You’ll work together with Wispfire to explore the avenues that could lead to using games like Wispfire’s Herald as educational tools for students.
- Research the educational value of Herald by organising playtest events.
- Use the content of the game to create educational material for schools that assist lecturers with explaining specific topics related to colonial history.
- Write a detailed thesis with recommendations to Wispfire regarding the use of their products as educational tools.
- Approach the first schools that might be interested in Herald as an educational tool, and if possible, work together with them to refine your research.
- A passion for video games and the industry.
- A drive to research games and the possible educational uses of games.
- A basic understanding of the varied applied uses of games.
- Experience with writing scientific research papers.
- You have already authored any kind of research on games as educational tools.
- You need to write a university level thesis for your school to graduate.
To apply, send an e-mail with a short motivation, your resume and research portfolio to email@example.com. Feel free to ask us any questions regarding this internship.
Wispfire is looking for a passionate marketing and communications intern to assist in Wispfire and Herald’s marketing campaign.
Ideally, you’re someone who is very active on social media and loves sharing his/her work with the world. You’ll work together with both our business director and the content creators of Wispfire to realize the company’s marketing strategy.
- Help send out press-releases and other articles.
- Scour the web for interesting communities and other opportunities that may assist in spreading our reach.
- Assist in posting social media content.
- Assist in finding and contacting media influencers.
- Coordinate Herald’s marketing campaign together with the rest of our team.
- Showcase Herald at events.
- Skilled in communication.
- A keen interest in marketing.
- A passion for video games.
- Experience with social media advertisement.
- Fluency in the English language.
- You are a content-creator/influencer yourself or have an association with them.
- Experience with video game development.
- You enjoy playing story-driven games.
To apply, send an e-mail with your motivation, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to ask us any questions regarding this internship.