We’ve got new promotion art! Mystery, adventure and of course DRAMA!
Haven’t had a chance to buy Herald yet? Now would be the time to get it as we’re having a weekend flash sale to celebrate our first patch!
The patch will add support for dual analog stick controllers such as the Xbox 360 controller, the XBox One controller and the Sony Dualshock 4. We’ve also fixed some various minor things. The patch will be live later today.
Want to help us spread the word of this sale? Reblog or join our Thunderclap!
Herald: An Interactive Period Drama – Book I & II is out for PC, Mac & Linux!
Herald is a choice-driven adventure set during colonial times. Board the HLV Herald and uncover its dark secrets in an intriguing tale about tyranny and servitude.
You are Devan Rensburg, a man of mixed heritage living in an alternate 19th century. You were born in the Eastern Colonies – but raised in the West, in the Protectorate’s capital.
In search of your roots, you booked passage on board of the HLV Herald, a ‘Protectorian’ ship set for your country of birth.
During your voyage, news of colonial unrest created tensions between the diverse crew and passengers.
Months later you alone are dragged ashore. No ship, no crew. All that remains is you, your journal and a captain’s coat you were wearing. A mysterious woman is holding you captive and demands you to tell her what happened to ‘your’ ship. What you tell her, is your choice.
We hope you’ll love the story!
Vote on Greenlight for Atariksha Sanchar!
‘Antariksha Sanchar’ is a speculative science fiction adventure inspired by the vibrant cultures of South India
An Indian point‐and‐click cultural adventure game set in the early 1920s in a temple town in South India. Its protagonists are inspired by mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan and Indian classical dancer Jayalakshmi Eshwar.
Hey guys, help this developer out by voting on Greenlight and making this very special game a reality!
Open Call for PAID Voice Acting for indie Visual Novel/Adventure Game: Herald
We need your help finding talented voice actors for Herald: An Interactive Period Drama! We’ve already had quite a few applicants so far, but we hope to still discover some talent via tumblr. A reblog would be greatly appreciated!
Because the representation of the ethnic backgrounds of our characters is very important to the story of the game, the distinct accent of each actor will be a key factor in the selection process. This is why we greatly prefer actors who share a background with the character that they audition for.
All actors and actresses are allowed to send in their voice-reel, but to give an idea of what we are looking for, please see if you fit one of the following profiles:
- Young men around the age of 20 to 30, preferably with a mid to low-pitched voice, who are able to convey a convincing London English accent. Preferably native speakers. Actors with Pakistani, Indian or Indo-Surinamese ancestry are greatly preferred.
- Women around the age of 20 to 60, preferably with a mid to low-pitched voice, who are able to convey a convincing Indian English accent. Preferably native speakers. Actresses with Indian or Indo-Surinamese ancestry are greatly preferred.
- Men around the age of 25 to 50, with a mid to low-pitched voice, who are able to convey a convincing French/British English accent. Preferably native speakers. Actors with African ancestry are greatly preferred.
- Young women around the age of 20 to 30, with a mid to high-pitched voice, who are able to convey a convincing London English accent. Preferably native speakers.
- Young men around the age of 14 to 20, with a mid to high-pitched voice, who are able to convey a convincing Scottish English accent. Preferably native speakers.
- Men around the age of 25 to 70, with a high to low-pitched voice, who are able to convey one of the following accents: London English, Brazilian Portuguese, North Carolinian English or Swiss German. Actors are preferably native speakers.
All voice-overs have to be recorded in and around the month of July.
All roles are paid for with a price between 20,- to 50,- Euros per hour, excluding VAT. The exact price of which we will determine per actor, based on their personal experience and the importance of the part in question.
Please send your voice-reel to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Herald voice-acting” in the title of your e-mail. Please tell us which of the profiles your voice fits by specifying the corresponding nummer(s), and please let us know what your native language is. All voice-reels must contain English sentences to be selected.
Based on the entries we will make a selection of actors that we believe best fit each character, afterwards we will contact actors personally to discuss the part with them.
Thank you for your interest and please share!
!! Reblog this post !! Help Herald in the final hours on Kickstarter.
We’ve reached out 15.000 goal! But it’s not over yet.
We’re in our FINAL HOURS on Kickstarter, but you can still back Herald NOW!
Help us give Devan a voice by reaching the €21.000 stretch goal.
Together, we can make it happen!
What is Herald?
Herald is an interactive period drama for PC, Mac and Linux that plays as a mix between a visual novel and a 3D point and click adventure game. You are Devan Rensburg, a man of mixed heritage, assigned to work as a steward aboard the merchant ship HLV Herald.
WE DIT IT!!!
Thank you all so much from the entire Wispfire team! Your support means the world to us!
Still some hours left to go!! With a little luck, we might still make one of our voiceacting stretch goals to make Herald an even better experience! Let’s keep on pushing till the end!