!! Reblog this post !! Help Herald in the final hours on Kickstarter.
We’ve reached out 15.000 goal! But it’s not over yet.
We’re in our FINAL HOURS on Kickstarter, but you can still back Herald NOW!
Help us give Devan a voice by reaching the €21.000 stretch goal.
Together, we can make it happen!
What is Herald?
Herald is an interactive period drama for PC, Mac and Linux that plays as a mix between a visual novel and a 3D point and click adventure game. You are Devan Rensburg, a man of mixed heritage, assigned to work as a steward aboard the merchant ship HLV Herald.
Did some more work on Devan’s portrait, here are some of his various expressions!
Today, the 7th of May, is a special day; exactly 151 years ago, in 1864 the passenger ship “City of Adelaide” was launched!
Now what does this have to do with Herald, you say?
Well, “City of Adelaide” is the world’s oldest surviving clipper ship and used to run between Britain and Australia, transporting passengers and goods. After a long history involving a stint as a hospital ship and a club headquarters she sank at her mooring in 1991. After repeated attempts to save the old ship, it was decided that she would be moved to Port Adelaide in Australia. On 26 November 2013, she left Rotterdam on top of a cargo ship for her last voyage to the other side of the world.
Sadly, the only thing that is left of her is the hull, but it is this hull that was an inspiration for the shape of His Lordship’s Vessel Herald.
To commemorate this day in history, we announce a special add-on for your Herald pledge.
A name and a personal message in the guestbook of the HLV Herald!
– Captain Cornelis Hendriks of the HLV Herald felt it was important to instill a sense of pride in his passengers while they were on board of his ship. To do so, he placed a guestbook in the dining saloon and kindly requested (or urged) all important passengers to write something inside of it. This way, he could show the elite on board ‘in what splendid company you are as a passenger of the Herald.’ –
Herald is an interactive period drama about colonialism. A choice-driven, 3D point and click adventure game/visual novel for PC, Mac and Linux.
Help us spread the word about the Kickstarter for Herald – an interactive period drama, and win a Special Edition of the game!
- A digital copy of Herald part 1 & 2
- Digital soundtrack with all music of Herald (40+ min)
- PDF with all character portraits of Herald
- High quality PDF poster
If this post reaches 500 notes we will upgrade the prize to the Digital Artbook Edition!
This includes all of the above and:
- PDF version of the exclusive Kickstarter Art Book with concept art, short stories, 3D renders and more! (60 pages)
And if this post does exceptionally well, we will upgrade the prize to the Printed Artbook Edition!
Anyone who reblogs this post is eligible, you do not need to follow to enter! Because this giveaway is to help us spread the word, likes do not count.
The raffle ends on the 24th of May and can only happen if we reach our Kickstarter target Goal! A random winner will be chosen and notified after the end date.
Why should I care about Herald?
Herald is a character driven story centered around the theme of 19th century colonialism. Instead of focusing on the exploration and conquest aspect like most other games set in this time period do, Herald is about identity and personal conflict in a time divided by race, class and religion.
With Herald, we set out to tell a story that has not often been touched upon by games. We aim to give players the opportunity to think about their own position in these conflicts through a choice driven narrative, and perhaps reflect upon their own position in society today.
Two Interesting articles on Herald:
- Herald, an interactive period drama, to examine biracial identities in the colonial era – KILL SCREEN
Herald brings tale of 19th century colonialism to Kickstarter– Pixel Dynamo
Thank you very much and feel free to ask us any questions!
In less than 2 days, 71 backers managed to back 2000 euros! That means we’re already more than 10% funded. Thank you so much! You people are awesome!
Herald is on Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight!
Herald is a two-part interactive period drama for PC, Mac and Linux that plays as a mix between a visual novel and a 3D point and click adventure game. You are Devan Rensburg, a man of mixed heritage, assigned to work as a steward aboard the merchant ship HLV Herald.
- A branching narrative that changes depending on how you choose to play.
- A gripping tale about finding your identity in a world divided by race, class and religion.
- A beautiful hand-painted art style mixing 2D animated portraits with 3D environments.
- A world inspired by historical events that takes place in the final days of the Age of Sail.
- A 19th century trading ship full of secrets and mysteries to uncover while you explore.
- An interactive period drama with a heavy emphasis on character development.
- A story within a story that switches between Devan’s present and his past.
Share this post and spread the word to help us make the game a reality. We’ll also be doing an exclusive tumblr giveaway of the game, more about that later!