Our fourth backer portrait is of a wealthy, 18th century explorer. All backer portraits will eventually end up as paintings somewhere in the game. 😉
After noticing an image of a particular animal printed on the t-shirt of our second backer who was to be receive his own portrait, our Art Director simply couldn’t resist the temptation.
A big thanks to Matlock Guse for his support!
!! Reblog this post !! Help Herald in the final hours on Kickstarter.
We’ve reached out 15.000 goal! But it’s not over yet.
We’re in our FINAL HOURS on Kickstarter, but you can still back Herald NOW!
Help us give Devan a voice by reaching the €21.000 stretch goal.
Together, we can make it happen!
What is Herald?
Herald is an interactive period drama for PC, Mac and Linux that plays as a mix between a visual novel and a 3D point and click adventure game. You are Devan Rensburg, a man of mixed heritage, assigned to work as a steward aboard the merchant ship HLV Herald.
WE DIT IT!!!
Thank you all so much from the entire Wispfire team! Your support means the world to us!
Still some hours left to go!! With a little luck, we might still make one of our voiceacting stretch goals to make Herald an even better experience! Let’s keep on pushing till the end!
Today, the 7th of May, is a special day; exactly 151 years ago, in 1864 the passenger ship “City of Adelaide” was launched!
Now what does this have to do with Herald, you say?
Well, “City of Adelaide” is the world’s oldest surviving clipper ship and used to run between Britain and Australia, transporting passengers and goods. After a long history involving a stint as a hospital ship and a club headquarters she sank at her mooring in 1991. After repeated attempts to save the old ship, it was decided that she would be moved to Port Adelaide in Australia. On 26 November 2013, she left Rotterdam on top of a cargo ship for her last voyage to the other side of the world.
Sadly, the only thing that is left of her is the hull, but it is this hull that was an inspiration for the shape of His Lordship’s Vessel Herald.
To commemorate this day in history, we announce a special add-on for your Herald pledge.
A name and a personal message in the guestbook of the HLV Herald!
– Captain Cornelis Hendriks of the HLV Herald felt it was important to instill a sense of pride in his passengers while they were on board of his ship. To do so, he placed a guestbook in the dining saloon and kindly requested (or urged) all important passengers to write something inside of it. This way, he could show the elite on board ‘in what splendid company you are as a passenger of the Herald.’ –
Herald is on Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight!
Herald is a two-part interactive period drama for PC, Mac and Linux that plays as a mix between a visual novel and a 3D point and click adventure game. You are Devan Rensburg, a man of mixed heritage, assigned to work as a steward aboard the merchant ship HLV Herald.
- A branching narrative that changes depending on how you choose to play.
- A gripping tale about finding your identity in a world divided by race, class and religion.
- A beautiful hand-painted art style mixing 2D animated portraits with 3D environments.
- A world inspired by historical events that takes place in the final days of the Age of Sail.
- A 19th century trading ship full of secrets and mysteries to uncover while you explore.
- An interactive period drama with a heavy emphasis on character development.
- A story within a story that switches between Devan’s present and his past.
Share this post and spread the word to help us make the game a reality. We’ll also be doing an exclusive tumblr giveaway of the game, more about that later!