We’ve got new promotion art! Mystery, adventure and of course DRAMA!
Check out this awesome cover by
VGMusic Explorers of Tabatha’s song “Vows”! We love their interpretation of the song, which is actually the first song our writer ever wrote. What did you think of it?
Haven’t had a chance to buy Herald yet? Now would be the time to get it as we’re having a weekend flash sale to celebrate our first patch!
The patch will add support for dual analog stick controllers such as the Xbox 360 controller, the XBox One controller and the Sony Dualshock 4. We’ve also fixed some various minor things. The patch will be live later today.
Want to help us spread the word of this sale? Reblog or join our Thunderclap!
A nice little non-spoilery video review of Herald!
For those of you still on the fence, this might give you some idea of what to expect.
Thanks Ready Up!
Herald: An Interactive Period Drama – Book I & II is out for PC, Mac & Linux!
Herald is a choice-driven adventure set during colonial times. Board the HLV Herald and uncover its dark secrets in an intriguing tale about tyranny and servitude.
You are Devan Rensburg, a man of mixed heritage living in an alternate 19th century. You were born in the Eastern Colonies – but raised in the West, in the Protectorate’s capital.
In search of your roots, you booked passage on board of the HLV Herald, a ‘Protectorian’ ship set for your country of birth.
During your voyage, news of colonial unrest created tensions between the diverse crew and passengers.
Months later you alone are dragged ashore. No ship, no crew. All that remains is you, your journal and a captain’s coat you were wearing. A mysterious woman is holding you captive and demands you to tell her what happened to ‘your’ ship. What you tell her, is your choice.
We hope you’ll love the story!
Open Call for PAID Voice Acting for indie Visual Novel/Adventure Game: Herald
We need your help finding talented voice actors for Herald: An Interactive Period Drama! We’ve already had quite a few applicants so far, but we hope to still discover some talent via tumblr. A reblog would be greatly appreciated!
Because the representation of the ethnic backgrounds of our characters is very important to the story of the game, the distinct accent of each actor will be a key factor in the selection process. This is why we greatly prefer actors who share a background with the character that they audition for.
All actors and actresses are allowed to send in their voice-reel, but to give an idea of what we are looking for, please see if you fit one of the following profiles:
- Young men around the age of 20 to 30, preferably with a mid to low-pitched voice, who are able to convey a convincing London English accent. Preferably native speakers. Actors with Pakistani, Indian or Indo-Surinamese ancestry are greatly preferred.
- Women around the age of 20 to 60, preferably with a mid to low-pitched voice, who are able to convey a convincing Indian English accent. Preferably native speakers. Actresses with Indian or Indo-Surinamese ancestry are greatly preferred.
- Men around the age of 25 to 50, with a mid to low-pitched voice, who are able to convey a convincing French/British English accent. Preferably native speakers. Actors with African ancestry are greatly preferred.
- Young women around the age of 20 to 30, with a mid to high-pitched voice, who are able to convey a convincing London English accent. Preferably native speakers.
- Young men around the age of 14 to 20, with a mid to high-pitched voice, who are able to convey a convincing Scottish English accent. Preferably native speakers.
- Men around the age of 25 to 70, with a high to low-pitched voice, who are able to convey one of the following accents: London English, Brazilian Portuguese, North Carolinian English or Swiss German. Actors are preferably native speakers.
All voice-overs have to be recorded in and around the month of July.
All roles are paid for with a price between 20,- to 50,- Euros per hour, excluding VAT. The exact price of which we will determine per actor, based on their personal experience and the importance of the part in question.
Please send your voice-reel to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Herald voice-acting” in the title of your e-mail. Please tell us which of the profiles your voice fits by specifying the corresponding nummer(s), and please let us know what your native language is. All voice-reels must contain English sentences to be selected.
Based on the entries we will make a selection of actors that we believe best fit each character, afterwards we will contact actors personally to discuss the part with them.
Thank you for your interest and please share!